A Five-Day Intensive for Committed Agilists
See the schedule
Integral Agile Wizardry is a five day intensive for experienced Agilists and Leaders, helping them begin down the path of Integral Systems practice and spiral wizardry. The Bootcamp is highly experiential, interactive, and will focus significantly on your personal growth. It is designed to dramatically increase your overall effectiveness in the enterprise Agile coaching and transformation space, starting with a basic premise of first, do no harm.
The primary goals of the Bootcamp are two-fold: to do advanced work in developing the Self (meaning, you) as the primary instrument of enterprise transformation, and to introduce the multi-dimensional Integral Agile™ perspective for systems and organizational change work. It introduces the notion of becoming an Integral Agile™ Wizard, someone facile in working at all altitudes of the spiral of development, helping to catalyze appropriate organizational change as an authentic servant leader.
The Integral Agile™ approach attempts to do justice to the quote from Oliver Wendell Holmes: “I would not give a fig for the simplicity this side of complexity, but I would give my life for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.” . It in an approach that is unique in the field and is the most in-depth and comprehensive introduction of the Integral Agile concepts and practices available.
Who Will Benefit from this Class
- Agile Champions in charge of an Agile transformation initiative at the organization level
- Current Enterprise Coaches wishing to expand their skill sets and effectiveness
- Experienced Agile Coaches who are committed to growing into the Enterprise Coaching space
Additionally, this intensive is for you if:
- Your Agile organizational transformation effort is experiencing difficulty or dissatisfying results
- Your SAFe or another Agile scaling initiative is floundering or not living up to expectations
- You have tried many things and you keep experiencing “one step forward, two steps back.”
This is decidedly not a beginning or intermediate agile class, but rather an advanced one for people committed to their own personal and professional growth in the service of human and organizational transformation. As such, acceptance is by application so that we can assure participants meet the prerequisites. Specific prerequisites include both experience and pre-Bootcamp activities:
- 3-5 years experience with Agile in progressively complex organizational environments, including management or coaching responsibility for full programs and/or organizational units.
- If you are a coach, you should be grounded in Agile Coaching, such as having attended Agile Coaching Institute or other advanced course(s), having obtained an ICAgile Certified Professional-Agile Coaching or ICAgile Expert, a Certified Scrum Professional, or equivalent. If you are in management, you should have experience leading organizational change initiatives.
- Prior to the workshop, we will arrange for you to complete The Leadership Circle 360 rating tool (a $500 value by itself). This requires you to invite 10 or more professional colleagues to assess your leadership behaviors. You will be debriefed on your results during the workshop.
- Come to the workshop with a focal system to work with, either an enterprise, organizational unit, or full program or release train (a single team or two is not sufficient).
Outcomes the Class Will Produce
While mastering agile coaching skills will require both time and practice, our class will allow you to:
- Understand and utilize the Integral Agile framework
- Gain a greater understanding of your functional level of development and the individual growth areas that will take you to your own next level
- Connect deeply to a community of practitioners who share a similar commitment to human transformation
- Be introduced to and start practicing new techniques appropriate to each Quadrant
- Get your own results from the most advanced 360-feedback instrument available
In addition, when taken with the following Integral Agile Wizardry Cohort, this class yields
- ICAgile Certified Professional in Agility in the Enterprise (ICP-ENT)
- ICAgile Certified Professional in Coaching Agile Transitions (ICP-CAT)
Integral Agile Wizardry is unlike any conventional training. It starts with the premise that we ourselves are the most important instrument of change. Therefore, we have designed modules for each of the five days to exercise and develop the Self: in relationship, in systems, and internally (including work in facilitated small groups, meditation and shadow work).
Each day has an overall theme corresponding to the four Integral quadrants: Leadership (psychology), Competencies & Practices (behavior), Systems, and Culture. Specific topics include:
- Day 1: Your Self in Systems (Leadership Circle debrief, Reactive vs. Creative, Integral development, perspective taking at altitude)
- Day 2: Is Your Organization up to IT? Competencies and practices that create success with Agile in a range of cultures
- Day 3: Systems Thinking: Advanced, Agile-consistent Organizational Patterns & Structures
- Day 4: Culture, Change and Relationship (emergent properties of relationship in systems)
- Day 5: Your Self in Action: Holistic Seeing, Conscious Action in the Enterprise
- Integral Agile & the Integral Operating System
- ICAgile Enterprise Coach learning objectives
- Select ICF Professional Coach Competencies
- ACI’s Agile Coaching Competency Model, especially Transformation Mastery
Length: Five days, residential
Hours: Start 9a Monday. End 2:30p Friday. Please do not plan to leave earlier. Each day has three sessions: morning, afternoon and evening with breaks throughout the day.
Includes shared lodging and meals. Sunday night and single occupancy lodging can be purchased if available.
- Integral Agile Wizardry program is accredited by the International Consortium for Agile (ICAgile). After successful completion of Integral Agile Wizardry Bootcamp and the following Integral Agile Wizardry Cohort, you can apply for the ICAgile Certified Professional in Agility in the Enterprise (ICP-ENT) and ICAgile Certified Professional in Coaching Agile Transitions (ICP-CAT). The nominal additional fee to obtain the ICP-AC applies Learn more at ICAgile.
See the schedule