While mastering agile coaching skills will require both time and practice, our class will allow you to:
- Understand and utilize the four key Skill Areas and four Knowledge Areas applied by the best agile coaches (ACI’s Agile Coaching Competency Framework).
- Create healthy teams that are resilient, creative, resourceful and resonant.
- Listen fully and ask essential, powerful questions that open up new possibilities and propel people into action.
- Clearly ascertain the distinction between coaching and mentoring and know when to apply each most successfully.
- Observe two professional coaching and mentoring demos (live) using students’ real-life agile situations.
- Understand how to address the dysfunctional approaches to conflict teams often develop.
- Coach and mentor people through all kinds of change, especially the change required to occupy agile roles fully.
- See the broader organizational context more clearly and determine the best interventions, and your best actions, to positively affect it. (ACI’s Integral Agile Operating System™)
- You’ll walk away from the course with your personal coaching improvement backlog – a tangible plan you can use to thoughtfully improve your coaching when you’re back on the job.
You’ll have many new things to try with your teams and you will probably depart with a few provocative ideas to chew on (in fact, maybe wrangle with for a while). All of these outcomes add up to your ability to become the excellent agile coach your teams and organization needs.
In addition, the class yields
- ICAgile Certified Professional-Agile Coaching (ICP-AC) continuing education certification. (Nominal fee applies)
- 21 Scrum Alliance SEUs toward the Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) level.
- 21 PMI PDUs.